The Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee is comprised of representatives from various stakeholder institutions and audiences across the area who provide core leadership for the collaborative. The steering committee:
- Provides guidance for the Ecosystem, including direction and desired outcomes and goals.
- Provides oversight to ensure fidelity to needs across the region and stakeholder organizations.
- Represents the diversity of Ecosystem members including different types, sizes, and leadership levels.
- Represents the Greater Austin area at regional events and National Community of Practice meetings.
Steering Committee Members
- Tricia Berry, The University of Texas at Austin Women in Engineering Program, Director; Texas Girls Collaborative Project, Collaborative Lead; Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee, Lead
- Kristin Bonds, heristic, Founder, Programs Advisor
- Adrian Cardona, Learn All The Time
- Steven Hatchett, Huston-Tillotson University, Director of Career Services
- Sonya Johnson, Child Inc.
- Cathy Jones, Ph.D., Austin Partners In Education, Executive Director
- Gabriel Krizin, ReVisionEd Inc, CEO & Co-Founder; Robotters, Festival Director
- Tracy Mendez, Retired Xerox
- Kobla Tetey, Break the Box, Founder/CEO
- Michael Ward Jr., Austin Urban Technology Movement
- Emily Weerts, Wildly Supportive
- Paul Williams, Austin Community College, Professor of Physics
- Patrick Yonnone, Texas STARBASE Austin, Director
Tricia Berry is currently serving as lead of the Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee.