The Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee is comprised of representatives from various stakeholder institutions and audiences across the area who provide core leadership for the collaborative. The steering committee:
- Provides guidance for the Ecosystem, including direction and desired outcomes and goals.
- Provides oversight to ensure fidelity to needs across the region and stakeholder organizations.
- Represents the diversity of Ecosystem members including different types, sizes, and leadership levels.
- Represents the Greater Austin area at regional events and National Community of Practice meetings.
Steering Committee Members
- Tricia Berry, The University of Texas at Austin Women in Engineering Program, Director; Texas Girls Collaborative Project, Collaborative Lead; Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee, Lead
- Andy Bell, Thinkery, Chief Executive Officer
- John Brewington
- Adrian Cardona, Learn All The Time
- Joel Coffman, TyRex Group
- Kimberly Galloway, Education Service Center Region 13, STEM Lead & Education Specialist
- Sonya Johnson, Child Inc.
- Cathy Jones, Ph.D., Austin Partners In Education, Executive Director
- Gabriel Krizin, ReVisionEd Inc, CEO & Co-Founder; Robotters, Festival Director
- Karen Magid, Huston-Tillotson University, Director of STEM and Sustainability
- Tracy Mendez, Accenture, Growth Platforms
- Adrian Perez, Austin Public Library
- Candice Tippens
- Michael Ward Jr., Austin Urban Technology Movement
- Emily Weerts
- Paul Williams, Austin Community College, Professor of Physics
- Patrick Yonnone, Texas STARBASE Austin, Director
Tricia Berry is currently serving as lead of the Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee.