The Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee is comprised of representatives from various stakeholder institutions and audiences across the area who provide core leadership for the collaborative. The steering committee:
- Provides guidance for the Ecosystem, including direction and desired outcomes and goals.
- Provides oversight to ensure fidelity to needs across the region and stakeholder organizations.
- Represents the diversity of Ecosystem members including different types, sizes, and leadership levels.
- Represents the Greater Austin area at regional events and National Community of Practice meetings.
Steering Committee Members
- Tricia Berry, The University of Texas at Austin Women in Engineering Program, Director; Texas Girls Collaborative Project, Collaborative Lead; Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee, Lead
- Albert Black, Child Inc, Executive Director
- John Brewington, Child Inc, IT Director
- Patricia “Trish” Young Brown, Thinkery, Chief Executive Officer
- Juanita Budd, Austin Free – Net, Executive Director
- Robert Friedman, The Permanent Legacy Foundation, Executive Director
- Wendy Howell, Cisco Systems, Chief of Staff; Girls In Tech, Managing Director
- Emi Johnson, Austin Public Library, Business Process Consultant
- Cathy Jones, Ph.D., Austin Partners In Education, Executive Director
- Shirlene Justice, Learn All The Time, Executive Director
- Karen Magid, Huston-Tillotson University, Director of STEM and Sustainability
- Tracy Mendez, Accenture, Growth Platforms
- Melanie Moore, Literacy Coalition of Central Texas, CEO
- Richard Tagle, Andy Roddick Foundation, CEO; Learn All the Time Network, Board Chair
- Candice Tippens, Child Inc., Early Head Start CCP Mentor Coach
- Emily Weerts, 4-H CAPITAL, STEM Education Specialist
- Ingrid Weigand, Austin Science Education Foundation, Executive Director
- Paul Williams, Austin Community College, Professor of Physics
- Patrick Yonnone, Texas STARBASE Austin, Director
Tricia Berry is currently serving as lead of the Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee.