The Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem fosters connections and deeper collaboration across networks and systems to ensure STEM programming is accessible to ALL students throughout Greater Austin. The learning-centered ecosystem leverages resources supporting STEM education while reducing duplication and amplifying individual organizations and their collective impact.
The STEM Funders Network (SFN) announced in November 2015 that The Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem as one of 27 communities selected to pilot the national STEM Ecosystems Initiative. This project, built on over a decade of research into successful STEM collaborations seeks to nurture and scale effective science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) learning opportunities for all young people. The Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem’s selection is a demonstration of the area’s existing progress in developing a strong STEM learning community and recognition of the commitment to continue this work. As of 2018, there are 68 STEM Learning Ecosystems globally.
- Vision, Goals, Key Initiatives
- Ecosystem Launch Press Release
- Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee
The vision of the Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem is that:
- All learners (PK-16 and beyond) have the opportunity to obtain the requisite STEM skills to enter competitive 21st century STEM jobs in Central Texas
- All educators, families, and community members are provided the tools and support to ensure that students of all ages are STEM competent and STEM literate
Thanks to all the fabulous organizations that wrote letters of support for the Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem. These partners helped ensure Austin’s selection for this national effort.